BBDB: 'only exact matching record unhas net field' on record that does h

From: Jim Burton
Subject: BBDB: 'only exact matching record unhas net field' on record that does have a net field
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 17:42:21 +0000

I have several addresses in my BBDB that I've been using quite happily
for ages, for which I've just started getting this error. I've edited
the net fields to make doubleplus-sure that they are there, with no
joy. Here's such a record, details changed to protect the guilty:

["A. B." "Surname" ("Andy Surname" "A B Surname" "Surname Andy")
nil nil nil ("a.b.surname@mail.com") ((creation-date
. "2007-09-01") (timestamp . "2011-01-20") (User-Agent . "iPhone Mail
(7E18)\niPhone Mail (8C148)")) nil]

I've had a look at bbdb-complete-name, which is where this error message
arises, in the hope of working out whether this record is wellformed
(the three `nil's before the email form might be suspicious, for
example), but I can't work it out. Does anyone know what is causing
this?

Thanks,

Jim

--