Can I recover my .emacs?

From: Fritz Wuehler
Subject: Can I recover my .emacs?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 13:14:18 +0100

Hi,

I lost my .emacs (and some other files) due to disk failure. I have my
.emacs.elc so thankfully I can continue my work.

Is there any way to recover the .emacs from the .emacs.elc? I tried saving
options in Emacs and it does get many but not all of the settings I had. I
had some loadpaths and other statements and I can't remember them all. And
I'm not any good with Emacs Lisp or any Lisp so I can't figure how to get
everything back the way it was.

Thanks if anyone can help.