Re: Why won't this command kill a buffer?

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Why won't this command kill a buffer?
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:07:30 +0800

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 7:05 AM, Joe Fineman <joe_f@verizon.net> wrote:
I made up a new directory, ~/logtest.  I opened a buffer in it, and
typed a word.  Then I did M-x marklog.  The Log buffer then existed,
with a backslash in it.  The last line in the defun had failed to kill
it.

You'll have to debug your own program.  Start with "emacs -Q" to remove any effects your customizations have on emacs.  Off the top of my head, it looks like "dir" may not be 15 characters long, and an exception is raised before the buffer is killed.

see: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SourceLevelDebugger

also `toggle-debug-on-error'
--
Le