Re: Porting emacs

From: despen
Subject: Re: Porting emacs
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 18:23:37 -0500

Boris Moskalev <BMoskalev@rocketsoftware.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> I'm trying to porting emacs to z/OS now. And now I have some problem with
> porting due there is using EBCDIC encoding.
> Could you help me for that problem. May be exist simple answer and I just
> have to add codes of EBCDIC somewhere.

Looks like someone beat you to it.

http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/z/os/zos/features/unix/tools/

I'm pretty sure the best way to go is leave the code in ASCII.

There's little about z/OS that requires EBCDIC.
You would of course want to edit EBCDIC datasets but that's
more a matter of translating the data.

I haven't looked at the port I don't know if someone has done that
or not.