Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?

From: rusi
Subject: Re: What's your favourite *under_publicized* editing feature ofEmacs?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 04:11:30 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 25, 12:16 pm, Alan Mackenzie <a...@muc.de> wrote:

> For what it's worth, it's not personal.  A giant fireball blows up when
> _anybody_ suggests UI changes in Emacs.  The UI is an important part of
> what Emacs is, so it's bound to give rise to discussion when anybody
> wants to change it.

Hi Alan.

I remember you suggesting some time an idea that you called
'emacsicality' -- basically a grain of customizability larger than
individual key/function  binding or even major mode.
[Subsequently I tried to look it up but my google-fu failed me]

Do you remember what this suggestion was?

In any case do you realize that this statement of yours suggests that
*fact* of emacs encrustation is opposed to the *philosophy* of
infinite customizability?

Rusi