Re: HTML and CSS in Emacs

From: ken
Subject: Re: HTML and CSS in Emacs
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 05:38:40 -0500

On 02/25/2011 03:18 PM Max Penet wrote:
> On Feb 19, 4:00 pm, Alexander Stepanov <darkd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried to use some html modes for Emacsand did not find any good
>> mode. I need autocompletion and highlighting of closing tags. Which
>> addons to use?
>>
>> http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/6793/npp1.pnghttp://img263.imageshack.us/img263/8581/npp2.png
>

> I use both yasnippet and zencoding for html editing, it works
> wonderfully, i hardly ever type a closing tag or attributes.

I've been using html-helper-mode for what must be ten years now.  It has
highlighting, autocompletion, and auto-insertion of closing tags... and
a lot more.  When you open a buffer for html editing, a didactic menu
appears, so you can use your mouse to invoke commands.  I prefer the
keyboard though.  Using the prefix-arg (C-u) to relevant HTML tags,
html-helper will put tags around a region you've specified.  Find this
mode on the emacswiki.

hth,
ken