Re: Cthun-bot discussion

From: TheFlyingDutchman
Subject: Re: Cthun-bot discussion
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 21:55:48 -0800 (PST)

> Then again, when people do spend time on something, they make this:
>
> http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/22/exclusive-militarys-persona-sof...
>
> Of course, I have no idea if it is true. Who does? It's the internet.

I have no problem believing it. Before the Iraq invasion there should
have been a story run repeatedly in every newspaper and on every
newstation in the country with the headline "If Iraq has WMD's, why
aren't the UN Weapons Inspectors finding them despite visiting 100's
of sites as given to them by the United States spy agencies?"

And the consequences of not running that headline were death and
destruction.

So the only thing the US government and military have to concern
themselves with prior to the next invasion would be something like a
massive twitter retweeting of the headline the US media should have
run or a Facebook page with millions of followers devoted to the topic
the US media won't discuss.

But I also could see Facebook and Twitter being told to stop "anti-
American" or "un-American" or "traitorous" content else their domain
names will cease to function.