Re: Gnus not using authinfo

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Re: Gnus not using authinfo
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 13:51:23 -0500

adamsonj@email.unc.edu (Joel J. Adamson) writes:

> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>
>> In general I'd say please use the latest Gnus even if you can't use the
>> latest Emacs.  That has the latest auth-source.el as well.  It's quite
>> easy to just upgrade Gnus and there's been a LOT of improvements in Gnus
>> since 23.2.
>
> I can tell: my main reason for using Emacs from Bazaar was that Gnus'
> IMAP handling had improved so much.  I will respond to the rest of your
> message later,

Here are the *Messages* with auth-source-debug set to t:

imap: Connecting with STARTTLS...done
Waiting for response from imap.unc.edu...done
Parsing authinfo file `~/.authinfo'.
auth-source-user-or-password: get (login password) for UNC (143)
/home/joel/.authinfo: 0% (0/114)
/home/joel/.authinfo: 100% (114/114)
auth-source-user-or-password: found (login password)=SECRET for UNC (143)
imap: Authenticating to `imap.unc.edu' using `login'...
imap: Plaintext authentication...
imap: Login successful...
imap: Authenticating to `imap.unc.edu' using `login'...done

And here's the authinfo file:

machine imap.unc.edu login adamsonj password SECRET port imap
machine smtp.unc.edu login adamsonj password SECRET port 587

Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab