Taking notes / excerptions with emacs

From: Frederik
Subject: Taking notes / excerptions with emacs
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:27:55 +0200

Hi There!

Until now I've taken notes and did extracts/abstracts of the books I had to read by hand, i.e. with pen & paper.

Now I want to switch to the digital world... What could be more natural than using emacs, because I already use it with AucTeX to create my latex documents.

What I basically need is ordering of the abstracts and full-text search for my notes. Printing the notes would be useful, too.

Google brought up several modes; org-mode seems promising, but I never tried it before.

How do you take notes? Any special suggestions? I thought it could be helpful to ask on this list before trying out several modes...

Thanks & Regards,
Fred

--
Frederik