Re: keyboard macro to record scp (password)

From: C K Kashyap
Subject: Re: keyboard macro to record scp (password)
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:49:02 +0530

I tried Tramp and its really cool. I am certainly going to use it for editing remote files. A quick question .... looks like it was automatically able to cache the password for subsequent C-x C-f  - however, it prompts for password for each M-x shell

My original usecase however is to be able to "cache" passwords in eshell - perhaps, I need to modify the keyboard macro recording to wait for a bit (till the password is prompted for) before re-playing the password.

Regards,
Kashyap