Re: Emacs as C++-IDE

From: MBR
Subject: Re: Emacs as C++-IDE
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 12:18:55 -0400

On 9/6/2011 10:59 AM, S Boucher wrote:
As for gud for debugging, I can't live without it, but it's not on par with what you'll find in, say, Eclipse.

In what way is GUD not on par with the debugging capabilities of Eclipse?  I find Eclipse wastes screen real estate unnecessarily, showing me lists of variables and all sorts of other things that I only want to see when I ask to see them.  What debugging capabilities do you use in Eclipse that aren't available in Emacs?
Mark Rosenthal