Re: Gnus: Forwarding emails: how to get "Fwd:" in subject and ">" in bod

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: Gnus: Forwarding emails: how to get "Fwd:" in subject and ">" in body?
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:24:21 +0000 (UTC)

>>> Something I realized on testing is that a lot of "weird sender
>>> information" is sent with the forward.
>>> =>  Do you know how to prevent that from being included?
>>
>> (customize-group "Message Forwarding") <-C-x C-e here
>> Look around, can you figure it out? :)

> I found two things: message-forward-as-mime and
> message-forward-show-mml. I guess it's the second (cause the technical
> clutter inserted in the message says something like "mml"). So I
> tried: (setq message-forward-show-mml nil) However, this doesn't seem
> to have an influence on the problem (I also did a restart just to make
> sure it's correctly set).

The "weird sender information" in the forward are Headers.
By default, most header informations are kept, except:

   "^Content-Transfer-Encoding:\\|^X-Gnus"

,----[ Docstring `message-forward-ignored-headers' ]
| All headers that match this regexp will be deleted
| when forwarding a message.
`----

If you want all header information removed, try setting
`message-forward-ignored-headers' to a regexp that matches all headers.

I leave that as an exercise to you :)
If you know nothing about regexps,
(elisp) Regular Expressions is a good starting point.

Memnon
P.S.: If you really can not figure it out, write me an email.