Re: emacs exiting

From: sergio
Subject: Re: emacs exiting
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 14:20:37 +0400

On 12/08/2011 11:20 AM, Tassilo Horn wrote:

> But only if you say "no" when being queried if the changes should be
> saved to the file.
The main question is "exit without saving", so I must answer "no".

> One way would be to write your own version ...
It's very difficult. But as I just realized kill-buffer removes #file#
even if modification were made. It doesn't close emacs, so it doesn't
solve problem, but I think it's not very difficult to write own function
which kills buffer and closes emacs.

> You could also disable auto-saving completely:
No, as I said this is absolutely impossible. I used to that vim takes
care about this and I don't have (and don't want to have) habit to save
file.

> But I don't think it's a good idea to turn off auto saving.
I think it's very bad idea.

--
sergio.