mapcar problem

From: Robert B. Gozzoli
Subject: mapcar problem
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 07:41:29 +0700

Dear List members, running a xelatex file with emacs, I encounter the
following problem, this is the content of the message buffer.

Style hooks...
Applying style hooks... done
Sorting environment...
Removing duplicates... done
Tex-Source-Correlate mode enabled
apply: Symbol's function definition is void: mapcar* [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [2 times]
Mark set

I am not able to find consistent information online about the problem
itself, and I do not understand the problem in itself. I believe that
the problem should be in my.emacs and not in Latex, as I am able to
compile and view the file with other LaTeX editors. About emacs, this
is the version : GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601), and I
attach to this email my .emacs file, if it can help.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Roberto Gozzoli