tmux & emacs: window issue

From: Thorsten
Subject: tmux & emacs: window issue
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:31:00 +0100

Hi List,
I don't really know if this question should go to an Emacs or an tmux
(== modern gnu screen) newsgroup, so I try it here:

I just discovered, that having one emacs daemon running, I can open as
many emacsclients as I want and can do (being on plain terminal) all the
window management with my terminal multiplexer (tmux). This works fine
and appears more stable than something like winring.el, that caused more
emacs crashes for me than anything else.

However, using gnus and an emacs frame splittet into 3 windows, a new
problem appeared. Before, when visiting a link in an article, w3m just
opened inside the article window - perfect. Now, w3m overrides the
windowsplitting in the gnus frame and takes over the whole screen, so I
avoid following links in the gnus article window.

Did anybody experience similar problems using screen or tmux?

cheers
--
Thorsten