RE: Setting color themes specific to a frame

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Setting color themes specific to a frame
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 07:40:46 -0800

> Of course it doesn't. As I mentioned earlier, you have to use the
> color-theme elisp library to get that working. :)
> <http://www.nongnu.org/color-theme/>

To clarify a bit more:

Emacs 24 does _not_ include color-theme.el or color themes, at all.  Emacs
instead created a similar feature that it calls "custom" themes.  The two are
_not_ the same.

Why Emacs did not incorporate color-theme.el or make its similar "custom" theme
feature be compatible with color themes, I cannot tell you.  But you need to
keep the two straight if you want to follow help offered by others on this list.