Re: Newbie - Can't compile and run C program

From: taariqq
Subject: Re: Newbie - Can't compile and run C program
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 14:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

Peter, I greatly appreciate your taking the time to respond. When I do
M-x compile RET hello.c RET
the window that opens is not compilation or anything. It is a new instance
of emacs that opens up  (I have .c files associated with emacs) with the
same code for hello.c displayed in it. There seems to be window flashing by
just before that, but that is all