Re: Emacs on OS X error

From: Le Wang
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X error
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 13:24:28 +0800

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 5:48 AM, Gaston Fiore <gaston.fiore@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm relatively new to OS X and I'm trying to install GNU Emacs. I've
followed the instructions in both the general INSTALL file and
nexstep/INSTALL, but after 'make'

You should re-read nextstep/INSTALL.  The compiled program is not run as src/emacs.

If you still have trouble, write back with the exact steps you took.

when trying the resulting program
by 'src/emacs -Q', I get the following error:

2012-04-08 17:28:26.604 emacs[26816:707] ERROR: Can't have a toolbar
in a window with <NSNextStepFrame: 0x1012390c0> as it's borderview

An Emacs window does appear, but the top is hidden behind the OS X
menu bar and can't be accessed. How can I fix this problem? My Mac is
running OS X Version 10.7.3.

Thanks a lot,

-Gaston

--