Re: ispell problem

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: ispell problem
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 10:06:56 +0300

> Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 18:31:10 -0500
> From: Shiyuan <gshy2014@gmail.com>
>
>      when I invoke ispell from emacs menu, I got the error message: no word
> lists can be found for the language "en_US".  But it used to work.
> Ispell  runs well if I invoke it from command line. Any suggestion to
> identify the problem? Thanks.

Crystal ball says you have aspell on your PATH before ispell, while
your dictionaries are set for ispell.  To see this, type this inside
Emacs:

  M-: ispell-program-name RET

If the above guess is correct, then either install the en_US
dictionary for aspell, or modify your PATH so that ispell is found
before aspell.