RE: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 23:56:15 +0000

I stand corrected.  Using 'emacs -q' shows the startup screen, and it does
appear more durable than I remembered.  Good!

Now, I don't see anything in my .emacs that should prevent the startup screen
from appearing, but it's not appearing.  How does Emacs decide whether to show
the startup screen?  I know that if I ask to open a file immediately, it will
not show the startup screen, but if I just invoke 'runemacs' (this is Windows),
there is no startup screen or buffer, and I am presented with *scratch*.  Why
isn't it showing the startup screen?

Thanks,
Mark