Re: Issues with emacs

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Issues with emacs
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 20:32:18 +0200

notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:

> On 2012-06-26, Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> But it's also a possible that a skilled developer could make a
>> permanent living from developing Emacs features.
>
> Does emacs REALLY need MORE features!?  It's already so complex, now,
> as to seem almost unfathomable to many.  What emacs needs is some

are features supported out of the box by other top end editors : proper
syntax/semantic based completion and code navigation that works "out of
the box" (cedet one day I hope), mixed mode editing (a must despite many
purists sneering at it)and decent java support to the level of eclipse.

To say its already too complex is silly. You only need to be aware of
the features YOU need.