Re: Typing accented text.

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Typing accented text.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:10:33 -0500

Die Wed Jul 11 2012 06:10:29 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) Sergei
Organov <osv@javad.com> scripsit:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to type text with explicit accents, and so that accents are on
> top of letters. For example, if I type in ASCII:
>
> H'ere is v'ery short ex'ample of what I want to ach'ieve

The standard way of doing this is with an input method. Type C-x ret C-\
latin-1-postfix. Now vowels followed by apostrophes will be accented:

Hére is véry short exámple of what I want to achíeve

If you don't like postfix, you could use latin-1-prefix input method.

Ed