Re: c-fill-paragraph closing comment delimiter, emacs 23.4.1

From: William M. (Mike) Miller
Subject: Re: c-fill-paragraph closing comment delimiter, emacs 23.4.1
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 17:03:48 -0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 8:39 AM, William M. (Mike) Miller
<william.m.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
> The behavior of c-fill-paragraph with regard to the closing delimiter of the
> paragraph has changed in version 23.4.1 from that of version 21.2.1.  My
> company has a coding standard that begins each C function with a
> comment of the form
>
> /*
> Description...
> */
>
> In version 23.4.1, running c-fill-paragraph (M-q) with the point in such a
> comment moves the closing delimiter onto the last line of the description,
> e.g.,
>
> /*
> Description... */
>
> Version 21.2.1 respected the placement of the closing delimiter on a line
> by itself.
>
> Is there a setting I can use to force version 23.4.1 not to wrap the closing
> delimiter onto the last line of the comment text?

For anyone else who might be interested, this appears to have been a
bug that is fixed in more recent versions.  It turns out that 24.0.96.1 is
available (though not the default) for Cygwin, and after upgrading, the
closing delimiter stays on its own line, as desired.

--
William M. (Mike) Miller | Edison Design Group
william.m.miller@gmail.com