Lock file names

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Lock file names
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:29:55 +0200

Hi,

I am using GNU Emacs 24.1.50.1 (built in the 1st week of July) and I see
a change in the file naming scheme for lock files. As far as I recall,
it used to be `.#<old name>#', but now I see `.#<old name>'. The
trailing hash is missing. Is this a bug?

My issue is, earlier the glob `*.cxx' would only match source files but
now these lock files are picked up because of the absence of the
trailing hash. And for the sake of completeness, in my case changing the
glob to a regex or something else is not a solution.

Thanks for any thoughts,

--
Suvayu