Load color-theme in init.el

From: Patrick Wang
Subject: Load color-theme in init.el
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 09:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am using emacs 24.1.1 on Mac OS X Lion. I installed color-theme via emacs
package and try to load a color theme in init.el. Therefore I added following
lines into my init.el

 (require 'color-theme)
 (setq color-theme-is-global t)
 (color-theme-tty-dark)

However, after I restarted emacs, I got an error message "File error: Cannot
open load file, color-theme," and color scheme wasn't changed.

It seems that init.el is evaluated before packages are loaded. If I evaluate
init.el using "eval-buffer" after emacs is launched, color-theme can be found
and color will be changed.

Can anyone give me a hand? Thanks!

Patrick