Is mcomplete.el still relevant?

From: Minejima Yuji
Subject: Is mcomplete.el still relevant?
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:18:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, there.
I'm the author of mcomplete.el package which does minibuffer completion with
prefix and substring matching.
http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/emacs/elisp/mcomplete.el

I've been away from Emacs and Elisp for several years now. But I decided to
 come back. Back then, some people toled me that they loved mcomplete.el.

But time flies like an arrow, I'm not sure if it's still relevant to the current
Emacs environment.

Does some other package overtake its functionality? Or does Emacs no longer
need it because it already does the same thing on its own?

If there're people who still use mcomplete.el, I think I'll update it.

--
Yuji http://homepage1.nifty.com/bmonkey/index-en.html