Re: .emacs not loading .el library

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: .emacs not loading .el library
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 00:56:36 +0200

Am 08.08.2012 um 00:36 schrieb drain:

> (load "~/where/my/keybinding/configs/are.el")
>
> I have eight of these located in the same directory, and wanted to load them
> all with one line of code in my .emacs:
>
> (add-to-list 'load-path "/path/to/my/lisp/library")

In case "/path/to/my/lisp/library" is the same path as
"~/where/my/keybinding/configs" then the last statement allows you to perform
eight times:

        (load "are.el" t t t)

The variable load-path is similar to the environment variable PATH (or path)
for (some) shells: it allows to find a command by the file name (for example:
"ls") or to load an Elisp file by its name (for example: "are.el") instead of
using the full path name. (When PATH points to the directory with ls, remove,
compile, why isn't the shell endlessly ls'sing, removing, and compiling?)

--
Greetings

  Pete

To be is to do.