speck with gnus timer error

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: speck with gnus timer error
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 21:14:58 +0200

I've been using speck (http://www.emacswiki.org/SpeckMode) as my
spell-checking package for a while now without any problem.

Recently, I've started to see error messages when i start composing a
message in gnus :

  signal(error ("Invalid timer"))
  error("Invalid timer")
  timer-set-function([t nil nil nil nil nil nil nil] speck-windows (t))
  speck-activate()
  speck-mode(1)
  (lambda nil (speck-mode 1) (setq speck-filter-mode (quote Email)))()
  run-hooks(change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook message-mode-hook)
  apply(run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook
message-mode-hook))
  run-mode-hooks(message-mode-hook)
  message-mode()
  message-pop-to-buffer("*unsent mail*" nil)
  message-mail()
  gnus-group-mail(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-group-mail nil nil)

I'm not sure this problem is related to a change in gnus or emacs, has
anybody seen something similar ?

Also, I've started using speck because I was disatisfied with myspell
freezing emacs very often. What spell checking system would you
recommand that would work with LateX, gnus ?

Thanks for your help.