Re: New feature idea: isearch with autocorrection

From: Tom
Subject: Re: New feature idea: isearch with autocorrection
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 13:07:35 +0000 (UTC)

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan <at> gmail.com> writes:
.

> It sounds useful only until you actually try something that works that
> way. Then you discover that, whenever you make a typo, your fingers
> subconsciously press Backspace and correct the typo before your brain
> even gets to realize that you “don’t have” to erase the wrong
> character.

Yes, it may not work well, but I come to realize the fixing with
backspace part could be improved anyway.

Isearch should have a binding which deletes all the non-matching
characters from the search string. C-Backspace can be a good candidate
for that.

So instead of typing backspace several times, you could just press
C-Bakspace which would leave only the matching part of the search string.