Re: c++ indentation gets messed up quite often

From: Sohail Somani
Subject: Re: c++ indentation gets messed up quite often
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 11:01:57 -0400

On 20/09/2012 9:48 AM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
If I restart emacs, i can then correctly indent the line and things
are back to normal.  Bug ?

Yes, it's a bug.  CC-mode's maintainer has fixed a few problems in that
area since 24.1, so 24.2 might work better for you, but there has been
further fixes since, so you might want to try a recent snapshot of the
Emacs trunk.  Also, those problems are difficult to track down and fix
because they're usually difficult to reproduce, but there are some flags
you can set that make CC-mode do extra work to double-check what it does
so that any problem is caught early and results in useful
debug information.

IOW, please try the Emacs trunk and if you still bump into such
problems, use M-x report-emacs-bug.

         Stefan

Thank you Stefan! I'm going to try this today.