Re: elscreen and window-prev-buffers

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: elscreen and window-prev-buffers
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:28:38 +0200

Hi Geoffrey,

I'm a former user of elscreen.  Yes, it's a bug, I saw that too.  I
debugged it, but fixing it is not trivial.

Background:
The problem are the calls to `elscreen-goto-internal' in
`elscreen-get-screen-to-name-alist'.

Screens internally use window configurations.  These are a
primitive data type.  You are not able to "look inside them" if you
don't apply them.  That's the underlying problem.

Sorry I can't help more.  I only can provide a trivial patch that fixes
the problem for the price that the names of the screens disappear in the
header-line.

I now have given up using elscreen because of problems like that.
That winner-mode doesn't work well with elscreen was another one.

Regards,

Michael.