[Emacs LISP] Login freenode using ERC with prompt for password only

From: Wenshan Ren
Subject: [Emacs LISP] Login freenode using ERC with prompt for password only
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 01:21:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone, I am new to Emacs LISP and trying to write a emacs lisp, which
hopefully will enable me to login irc without choosing server/port/nick.

After reading "C-h f erc", I end up with

(defun my-erc() (erc :server "irc.freenode.net" :port "6667" :nick
"mynickname"))

If I put `:pass "mypassword"` at the end of the list, it works fine. However, I
don't want to put my password in .emacs, so I hope Emacs will ask me for
password when needed.

With the my-erc function I wrote, erc will login password and I have to
identify myself afterwards.

Could you give me some hints on solving this?

Wenshan