Re: Emacs user conference

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: Emacs user conference
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 20:58:05 +0000

Ivan Kanis <ivan.kanis@googlemail.com> writes:

>> I have said several times that he is planning it. I'm sorry people don't
>> find me authoritative enough.
>
> What's his name? How do we join him?

I've asked him to join emacs-devel. He's agreed to do that but he's busy
with work, please be patient.

>> I asked him to come here and make a statement to stop people running
>> away with it because I think two conferences within weeks of each other
>> would be very very bad.
>
> Why would it be bad? As far as I am concerned the more emacs meetings I
> attend to the better.

Well that's great for you. But if people are asked to speak at both they
will probably have to choose which to attend and that will dilute the
attraction of both events.

It would be better to have 1 kick ass emacs event a year than to have 2
poor ones.

Nic Ferrier