SOLVED (was: Re: how to use C-+ in isearch+?)

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: SOLVED (was: Re: how to use C-+ in isearch+?)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 15:49:51 +0100

Hi Michael,
* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [06. Feb. 2013]:
>> But when I do isearch-forward-regexp (which is bound to C-s in my
>> init.el) and then C-+ [1] cursor moves to the first `+' sign
>> which is in an invisible part of the file (actually a drawer in
>> an org file).
>
> Giving it a try, this works perfect for me.
>
> Gregor, are you sure that your keyboard is able to generate that key
> event?

You are right and I'm stupid for not mentioning that I use Emacs
mainly in a terminal emulator.[1]  No C-+ in these (at least not in
rxvt-unicode).

> (define-key isearch-mode-map [(control ?+)] 'isearchp-toggle-invisible)
>
> You may try to replace [(control ?+)] by another key and see if that
> works.

I tested this with `meta' instead of `control' and it now works
like a charm.

Thanks to you for your hint and thanks to Drew for this amazing
package.

Ciao, Gregor

Footnotes:

[1] It's so much faster and the fonts are more crisp...

--