Re: How to pickle split window?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: How to pickle split window?
Date: 8 Mar 2013 20:59:29 GMT

Haines Brown wrote:
> Sorry I was not clearer. I understand there are commands to restore
> previous window layout, but my interest was for it to be automatic, so
> that for example when I close gnus, emacs returns automatically to the
> prior windows layout. It would even be nice to return automatically to
> the the prior buffers displayed in those windows.
>
> I suspect the answer to somehow to add a hook to gnus quit that
> automatically runs (defun reload ()), perhaps calling back most recent
> buffers for those windows.

you can store the current window configuration in a variable using
`current-window-configuration' and restore it with
`set-window-configuration'.

IMHO any package that takes over the window configuration (such as gnus
does) should do that...

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)