Issues with emacs --daemon and after-make-frame-functions

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Issues with emacs --daemon and after-make-frame-functions
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:35:07 +0200

I think this is a regression in emacs24, because this works under emacs23:

If you start emacs --daemon

and you have the following:

(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions
  (lambda (frame)
    (print (display-graphic-p))))

and you create a new frame via:

emacsclient -c

you will notice that the result is always 'f'.
Not only that, but any frame manipulation will cause emacs to crash.

But you create a new frame within an existing frame, then it works.
This gave me all sorts of headache with the color-theme package actually crashing emacs, only in daemon mode, and only when creating a new frame via emacsclient.

Can somebody confirm the issue?

I'm using emacs24-lucid from debian.