Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?

From: Jay Belanger
Subject: Re: Does anyone really use emacs in terminal?
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 17:41:29 -0500

> I understand that you did a simple google search and couldn't find what you
> were looking for

You understand wrong.  I use Calc a lot in Emacs.
But then you aren't really trying to understand anything; you are merely
throwing a hissy fit.

> (vim in calculus actually means something else)

So can vim integrate x^2*e^x?

> so if you're not willing to do a little extra work and expect me to
> prove the most basic trivial things,

I expect you to prove that vim can do integrals; no problem for you,
since it is basic and trivial.  I honestly would be interested in vim
doing that so I could play around with it.  I really hope it can, but
your ill-informed tantrum gives me the impression that it can't.

> I'm going to ask you to put something on the line, i.e., when I show
> you Vim's calculus plugins,

We were talking about vim, not plugins.  Can vim do it or not?
If so, show me how to get vim to do it.  I have vim installed on my
computer; that's all I need, right?  How to I get it to do an integral?
I showed you how to get emacs to do it, now your turn.