Re: setenv and find-file

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: setenv and find-file
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 20:09:19 +0200

Am 18.05.2013 um 13:36 schrieb Barry Margolin:

> But if you do:
>
> M-: (setenv "VARIABLE" "/shorter/path")
>
> inside Emacs, you're setting an environment variable in the Emacs
> process, not just within a program that's hosted by Emacs.

And when a shell in *shell* buffer is started afterwards it can inherit that
setting… Yes, that could be another away! (Given that either a corresponding
GNU Emacs variable is also defined or (getenv "VARIABLE") is used.)

--
Greetings

  Pete                           <]
             o        __o         |__    o       HPV, the real
    ___o    /I       -\<,         |o \  -\),-%     high speed!