Re: [SOLVED] Re: How to disable fancy completion in minibuffer ?

From: Alexandre Oberlin
Subject: Re: [SOLVED] Re: How to disable fancy completion in minibuffer ?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:06:04 +0200

Hi all,

On Fri, 10 May 2013 18:22:23 +0200, Le Wang <l26wang@gmail.com> wrote:
Defaults should be aggressive.  Time marches on.  Expectations of new
users change.
OK, I have no problem about what the developers may think most users want as default.

As long as there is a way to restore
non-aggressiveness, this is how it should be.
That’s the point. I know that there is almost always a solution to get what you want when using emacs, as opposed to many today’s software programs. However the existence of a solution is not enough, there must be a *simple function* with a *meaningful name* (maybe aliases too) in order go back to a *simple behavior*. Not all people can spend hours studying the arcanes of such a complex program just to fit basic needs.

Cheers,

Alexandre

--
Alexandre Oberlin