Continuing after an interactive command?

From: gentsquash
Subject: Continuing after an interactive command?
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 19:24:54 -0700 (PDT)

How can I define a function which contains a command that
I interact with, which then continues?

I seek a function like the following, executed when in a
buffer:

  (defun foo ()
    (ns-narrow-to-region 100 200)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (dired-jump)
    ;; This next cmd interacts with the user.
    (dired-do-query-replace-regexp FROM TO)
    ;; If the above cmd terminates normally, I'd like these
    ;; to be executed:
    (dired-find-file)
    (ns-widen)
    )

Typically, when the `dired-do-query-replace-regexp' runs,
I'll hit "!" to have it do all the replacements.  I then
would like to end up in the buffer, widened.

However, in the above function, when the
`dired-do-query-replace-regexp' terminates, it seems to
terminate `foo' as well.

                        --Jonathan