Re: package-mode, release notes?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: package-mode, release notes?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 20:53:12 -0400

> 1) download the package if necessary
> 2) display the release notes according to the rules listed earlier in a
>    help-buffer

> ...and it will have no interdependence with the installation process,
> meaning that it will work with a package in any state.

> Sounds good?

Yes, sounds fine.  Bonus points for keeping track of package already
downloaded so we try and avoid downloading them again (e.g. if the
notes are consulted several times, or if we want to install the package
after consulting the notes, or if we want to consult the notes after
installing the package).

        Stefan