Dialog from emacsclientw.exe must be dismissed (was RE: Best practices f

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: Dialog from emacsclientw.exe must be dismissed (was RE: Best practices for launching Emacs on Windows 7/8)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 18:17:25 +0000

> From: (myself), Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:56 AM
> Subject: RE: Best practices for launching Emacs on Windows 7/8
>
> When I looked back at what I had on Vista, I found that I was
> using Emacs 23.1 and working around a bug in emacsclientw that,
> if Emacs wasn't running as a server, insisted on popping up an
> error dialog box that had to be manually dismissed.

This bug still exists.  The first time emacsclientw.exe
attempts to find a running Emacs daemon after restarting
Windows, it pops up a dialog that must be manually
dismissed.  The dialog says:

c:\<...>\emacsclientw.exe: connect: No connection could be
made because the target machine actively refused it.

This behavior has been there for a long time, and would seem
easy to fix.  Doesn't anyone else hit this?

Thanks,
Mark Ludwig