Re: questions about eww

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: questions about eww
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:35:33 +0200

Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:

> First, not all pictures are displayed. For example, on the wikipedia
> page about kitten (example from thhe eww author at
> http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2013/06/eww.html), I only have the link to
> the first picture.

If the image source takes a lot of time, `url-queue' will give up on
fetching the images.  Does `g' (refresh) fetch the missing images?

> Also, the eww-buffer is not read-only : typing RETURN while not a link
> inserts a newline in the text which is confusing. Is it the expected
> behaviour ?

It's the expected behaviour now, because we didn't really finish our
arguing about how to implement a buffer where most of the text is
read-only, but there are some bits that aren't.  But eventually it'll be
a read-only buffer, one way or the other...