Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the win

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: don't show the $-bar that indicates text before and/or after the window view, horizontally
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 20:42:56 +0300

> From: Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
> Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 19:23:14 +0200
>
> What you said was basically:
>
> "You should read, and as you don't even understand A, you
> shouldn't mess with B, that's too advanced." (pseudo-quote, but
> that's what you said)

I said nothing of the kind.  What I said was basically "It's quite
clear that you don't understand the issues discussed here, so I
suggest to go read about that, and then you'd probably understand much
better the solutions proposed to you."

> That makes it even more rude, but even if you were absolutely
> right - I think you should never, ever discourage
> activity.

I never discouraged anything.  On the contrary, I _encouraged_ you to
learn more, and, by providing the solution and its explanation, also
encouraged you to continue your activities, whatever they are, having
gained some more insight than what you had before.

"Rude"? how about some "thank you" for a change?

You are welcome, btw.