Re: CSP for Elisp?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: CSP for Elisp?
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:57:57 -0400

> Just to be sure that we're both talking about the same thing, I'm
> referring to ['concurrency', not 'parallelism'][pike].

Yes, definitely concurrency.

My understanding is that cooperative threading could be in Emacs-25, if
a few people put enough work into it.  There was a proof-of-concept
"working" a couple years ago (IIUC Gnus could run in its own thread).

For true concurrency in Elisp you might have to wait for Emacs-30.
Tho you might get true concurrency in Emacs sooner if we switch
to Guile.

        Stefan