Re: Quickly Viewing Files in a File List, and then Quickly Closing

From: escherdragon
Subject: Re: Quickly Viewing Files in a File List, and then Quickly Closing
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 04:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

(...)
> I am looking for a "QuickLook" feature for Emacs. For example, when
> scrolling through a file list in dired (or sunrise commander):
(...)

The Sunrise Commander has a quick-view function bound to the 'o' (or
'v') key. This is the docstring of that function:

    On regular files, opens the file in quick-view mode (see
    `sr-quick-view-file' for more details), on directories, visits
    the selected directory in the passive pane, and on symlinks
    follows the file the link points to in the passive pane.  With
    optional argument kills the last quickly viewed file without
    opening a new buffer.

and the one of the `sr-quick-view-file' function:

    Open the selected file on the viewer window without selecting it.
    Kills any other buffer opened previously the same way.

The "viewer window" is the window that opens at the bottom, beneath
the panes.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
--