Re: Size of Gnus and Emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Size of Gnus and Emacs
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 04:41:18 +0100

>>> Gnus, being larger than any program ever written (allegedly) ...
>>
>> So, we just have to keep this up every day, and we
>> will have covered most of Gnus by the time we
>> retire!
>>
>> What they are saying is: Gnus, a module of Emacs, is
>> bigger than Emacs, excluding all modules on the same
>> level as Gnus (?)
>
> I am jumping in the middle of the conversation.  So, I
> could be missing some context.

No, that's why I started a new thread.

> Gnus manual is written by a prankster (or many
> pranksters).  It is not the language of the priest,
> it is not the language of the layman, it is a
> language of the poet (at places) un-inhibited,
> imaginative and humorously irreverent.

Ha ha, you once told me there were no poets here :) No,
there are some jokes in that book that are
"student"-ish in style, but that joke, if it is a joke,
isn't in line with those. Actually, my impression of
Gnus is that it *is* big, always when I search the help
it autocompletes thrice the much as other modules
do. But OK: there is no truth to that statement?

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573