[Gnus] Fetch extra categories?

From: ernobe
Subject: [Gnus] Fetch extra categories?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:52:30 -0600

Once again, I posted to gnu.emacs.gnus and my post failed to show up
there.

Anyways, Emacs 23 can be setup so that Gnus reads and sends news to/from
a spool directory with an external program ( in my case slrnpull ).  But
it can also handle mail and rss as if they were newsgroups.  I found
that putting this in my init file prevented it from doing the receiving
of those automatically at start-up:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
   '((nnml "")
     (nnrss "")))

But, it still asks me every time on startup if I want to fetch extra
categories.  Is there a way for it not to ask me this?  (I don't even
know what categories this is referring to).

--
"The world of existence is an emanation of the merciful attribute of God."
Abdu'l-Baha