Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 22:27:14 +0100

>> Actually, it is very sad. There is no one to talk to
>> except for Usenet. Where are all the programmers?
>> They are not doing what I'm doing, that's for sure.
>
> I thought you know about IRC chat.
>
> There is lots of chat (sometimes animated chat) +
> gossip that goes in the #emacs channel on
> irc.freenode.net.  Most of the conversation happens
> during European time and US time.
>
> So you may like to hang around there and ask what
> those folks are doing there.

Yes, I did some of that, and even put together a small
page on Irssi, with some Perl extensions [1]. And I did
find that Emacs channel, but there was only only one
guy there. But anyway, I don't like IRC. It disturbs my
workflow. To each his own. But if there are any really
cool discussions there, I guess you could post them
here.

[1] http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/irssi/index.html

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573