Re: Adapting code to cl-lib

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Adapting code to cl-lib
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:39:26 +0000

Thierry Volpiatto <thierry.volpiatto@gmail.com> writes:

> joaotavora@gmail.com (João Távora) writes:
>
>> Does anyone know of a package or something that gets rid of these
>> warnings:
>>
>>    foo.el:2266:57:Warning: function `find' from cl package called at runtime
>>    foo.el:2370:63:Warning: function `remove*' from cl package called at
>> runtime
>>    foo.el:2370:63:Warning: function `gensym' from cl package called at
>> runtime
>>
>> by replacing them with their cl- counterpairs from cl-lib?
>
> Yes

Then can you tell me what it is?

>, or adding this at end of file if you want to keep using 'cl' package:
>
> ,----
> | ;; Local Variables:
> | ;; byte-compile-warnings: (not cl-functions obsolete)
> | ;; End:
> `----

Yes, thanks, I already knew I could do this, but it's precisely what I
wanted to avoid.

In case there was a misunderstanding. I was looking for some
command/package that replaces these in the buffer. I could roll my own,
searching for symbols with some 'obsolete property or sth that also have
cl- counterparts bound to some function, and then passing these to a
global replace-regexp...